Sunday, June 12, 2011

My First Second Time

When I visited Brie in June 2010 I went to the Cajun Zydeco Festival with Daniel, Evan, and Nick. It was my first taste of festival life in New Orleans as well as my first time hearing zydeco music. I fell in love with both! Yesterday Brie and I went to the 2011 CZ Festival; my first time having gone to the same festival twice!

The Cajun Zydeco, Seafood, and Creole Tomato Festivals are all rolled in to one weekend. They take place at the eastern end of the Quarter at the French Market and the U.S. Mint building. There is plenty to eat and three stages with various bands playing. It is free to wander through the area, the only cost is food and beverages.

2010 Photo
2011 Photo

Lost Bayou Ramblers
Check him out!
25th Annual Creole Tomato Festival

I like their slogan: "Get fresh with us"
Spinach & Crawfish Boat. The food at festivals never fail me!

No comments:

Post a Comment