Thursday, June 9, 2011

Meow?

One of my favorite meals my mom fixes is Tuna Casserole. It is simple, to the point, and delicious! My dad is not a fan and thus refers to the dish as "cat food". If it is indeed intended for our feline friends then I say MEOW!

I had not partaken in this meal since before I moved to New Orleans, so earlier in the week I decided it was high time I whip out the casserole dish and get busy! Unfortunately, despite our plethora of skillets and pots, no one in this house had acquired a casserole dish yet, so off to Wal-Mart I went. Once I had procured all of the necessary tools and ingredients I hit the kitchen to create a "home cooked" meal! The only spin I put on it was I threw in some frozen edamame for some color (and nutrients!) HEAVEN!

2 cups of noodles (cooked in salted water & drained)
1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can of milk (after removing the soup, use the can to measure the milk)
1 large can of tuna (drained)
1 cup frozen edamame

Heat soup, milk, tuna, and edamame in a saucepan on the stove while the noodles cook seperately. (Mom says this "knocks the chill off" of those ingredients.) Mix all ingredients in casserole dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment