Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Market Time

I skipped off for a "lunch break" today and went to the Hollygrove Market. I have not been in months and I am trying to eat more of a variety of healthy food so here is my latest haul:


I don't really know what to do with the beets or a turnip I picked up, but I am going to figure something out! I need to come up with something for those carrot tops too!

I was excited when I saw that Kale was included in this week's bag because I have been wanting to try Kale Chips! After scoping out some recipes online I found out that they are super easy to make.

1. Cut the center stalk from the leaves then tear them into bite size pieces.


2. Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt. Spread onto a baking sheet.


3. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes until the leaves start to brown slightly around the edges.

Turns out they are pretty tasty! Crispy, salted, bitter, not bad. So overall not a bad day food wise! Now if it could just be Friday already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment