Sunday, January 15, 2012

8 Months of Agony

After an intensely bad game yesterday, the Saints lost to the 49ers in the last few seconds of the game. 36-32. It was the biggest disappointment I have felt all season. I stood staring at the TV for longer than I can remember trying to process what just went down in front of me. Brie and I were wearing all of our normal Saints inspired accessories and clothing. It just wasn't meant to be.

Therefore I now have 8 months of agony ahead of me. 8 months to wait for the next time I get to see the Dome filled with black and gold. 8 months before my Sundays are already planned for me. 8 months until the song "Stand Up and Get Crunk" fills the city's ears. 8 months is a long time. I think I may write to the NFL and request a longer playing season because this just does not seem right!

On a different note, I woke up feeling like crap. My nose is completely clogged, my glands below my ears are swollen and if I could just get my ear to pop I think I would feel much better. A hot shower did not help as much as I had hoped so I have resorted to drugs to help me out.

It's going to be a looooong week if this doesn't clear up quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment