Sunday, May 22, 2011

On Stranger Tides

Last night Brie and I went to see the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean installment. We went all out and saw Captain Jack on the IMAX screen in 3D! Normally if I am going to see a sequel I will watch the previously released films first to refresh my memory on the storyline, but this was a last minute decision to go to the theater so there was no time. Really though the plot of this film could almost stand alone from the other three movies. There was no Will or Elizabeth but a few familiar characters were still present including a scene with Keith Richards reprieving his role as Jack's father. I remember the first film coming out when I was in high school and everyone being obsessed with it! The second film was released while I was in college, and I saw the third while I was in Poland on a school trip. Eight years since the first film, it is obvious that the budget has increased significantly for production and special effects! I don't want to give away any of the adventure, but I will say that if you go see the movie, make sure you stay through all of the credits!

No comments:

Post a Comment