Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fresh Produce

I enjoyed my Hollygrove loot so much last week that I stopped by again today to see what was in the box this time. I am thinking that this is going to become a Tuesday tradition!

Outside of the building that I buy my produce from there are different gardening beds with various plants being tended to. I am not positive if they belong to random people who can come work the food when they have time or how it works exactly. None-the-less I know that the items I purchase come from all over Louisiana and Mississippi.


This week's box included:

1 bag of Arugula
1 brown bag of Okra
1 sandwich bag of "Cajun Rice"
1 pint of Blueberries
3 Peaches
5 Plums
2 Tomatoes
1 Heirloom Tomato
1 snack bag of Basil
2 Cucumbers
1 Eggplant
2 Zucchini
3 "Various Squash" (I picked 2 Pattypan and 1 that looks like a small green pumpkin)

And because I enjoyed them so much last week in my salads and sauteed with other vegetables, I bought a small bag of Shitake Mushrooms on the side.

So while there are some repeats of last week, I can't say that I have ever cooked eggplant before. I had also never had a plum until this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment