Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tubing Time

On Sunday I got my tubing on with some pals on the Bogue Chitto River. Daniel, Brie, AV, Blake, Evan and I road tripped to the north shore (drove over Lake Pontchartrain) for the day. We went to an outfit called Wayne's World Canoeing and Tubing. It was pretty cool; you pay $15 for a tube ($5 for a tube that holds your cooler) then they drive you in an old school bus up river where you hop in and float leisurely around bends and turns for hours. There were little "beaches" along the way you could stop at if you needed a break. The weather was great, not too hot. My only major complaint about the day would have to be the surprises underwater. Slamming into a submerged tree/log is no fun and equates to over half a dozen bruises on my legs. I had one particularly rough encounter early on where I hit a hidden chunk of wood with my lower back. The bruise has been very colorful to watch! We were lazy and floated for about 6 hours before heading back to the city. It was a long day, but a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment