Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Recap

What a day! Monday morning began with the now every-day-8:30a.m.-greeting from the barking dog outside. Grrrr. Not normally for animal cruelty, but this dog is pressing his luck. Attempted to get a few more hours of shut eye (and yes, I realize I sleep late, but I don't get to bed until late either, hence the time of this post) but was continually stirred by the noise outside my window. Grrrr. Shower. Quick lunch. Chatted with Brie some in the living room. Attempted to replace the glass ring I broke the other day by driving to Pier 1. *I am still at the point where I am proud of myself for making it to a destination without using my GPS or any other assistance!* Got to Pier 1, they had glass rings but not the one I wanted so I bought two other completely different rings instead! Needed to go to Hallmark, but I do not know where any of those are off hand so I turned to Samantha (GPS) for some guidance. Typed in "Hallmark" and began following her robotic directions. Recognized that she was taking me to Metairie and mindlessly obeyed her commands. Realized I was in a residential area and was finally making it to "Hallmark Contractors" aka a house. WTH?! Typed "Hallmark" in again. Stopped to refuel the 4Runner. Saved 15 cents per gallon with my Winn Dixie card. Woo hoo! Kept driving until reaching a shopping center. HALLMARK! Closed. Another Pier 1! Open. Looked for my glass ring again. Still no luck. Talked to my brother on the phone as I drove back to Joseph Street. Tidied up my room. Skyped with Aryn, Roommate Sarah and Movie Sarah. Got to see Hankerpuss too. Super happy! Switched gears. Changed clothes. Chatted with Nick, Greg and Billy as I headed out the door. Drove to work. Slammed. Made 5,000 sundaes! Dead. Went out with Aja after work for a drink. Came home. Heated up some soup. Yum. Finished reading my book (Killing Yourself to Live: 85% of a True Story). Chatted with Nick again. Decided I needed to update my blog. Bed time. Another Labor Day come and gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment