Tuesday, September 28, 2010

For Your Viewing Pleasure

The television in the living room is a central part of our house. We watch movies, sports, sitcoms, the news, comedians, concerts, etc on it. I have noticed that I personally do not watch many sitcoms that are new. I tend to pick them up after they have been on for a few seasons so that I can watch multiple episodes back to back. I did this with Sex and the City, That 70’s Show, How I Met Your Mother and many more. But here, in the Joseph Street house, they like to watch new stuff every day! Having HBO I have been exposed to a whole new set of shows I had never watched before like Hung, East Bound and Down, and Entourage (which I definitely got sucked into!). Now Boardwalk Empire is beginning and we are all pretty interested in watching it.

Evan watches the least amount of television, but then again, he is rarely at the house. You could call him Mr. Social! Nick watches a lot of sports (tennis, football, cage fighting—which is surprisingly addictive—etc.), PBS, and Comedy Central. Brie watches a lot of movies and HBO shows. AV puts the music channel on that shows concerts when he comes over or finds golf to watch. And me, well I watch whatever is on for the most part!

I have been tuning in to see The Real World New Orleans, mainly to see if I recognize things! Their house was a few blocks from where I live and The Creole Creamery they show in a few episodes is right down the street! I have watched more Tosh.0, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and The Colbert Report in the past two months than ever before and I must say, I enjoy them all! The cage fighting is fun to watch too! I pick one to root for at the beginning usually based on what color shorts he is wearing or if I like his name.

While we all have our own preferences, the general consensus in the house is that commercials suck! Thank God for DVR, it is sooooo nice to be able to fast forward through all of those obnoxious interruptions. However, when we have not recorded a show and must endure those five minute disruptions, someone almost always hits the “MUTE” button! (Two commercials in particular that grate my nerves are the Geico pig saying “weeee” all the way home and the KFC “g - double o - d good” one! Annoying.)

But no matter what is on, the television seems to bring us all together. Whether it is a Saints’ game, a new episode of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia or movie night, everyone finds a comfy spot to kick back and the big picture box takes us away!

No comments:

Post a Comment