Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Budding Tradition

A Saturday tradition appears to be in the making. The Prytania Theater plays a “Midnite Movie” every Friday and Saturday at, you guessed it, midnight! Last week Jon (Evan and Nick’s friend from NY who has a key to the house but has never lived here) and I went to see John Waters’ 1972 film Pink Flamingos. The movie was disgusting and disturbing and not anything like what I expected. If you have seen it then you know what I am talking about, if not, well, I recommend doing a little research on the movie first and if you can handle what you read then go for it!

Despite the strange experience last week, I agreed to return last night to see the 1982 remake of The Thing starring Kurt Russell. I noticed while watching that I recognized one older actor’s voice, turns out it was Wilford Brimley who does the diabetes commercials for Liberty Medical! Nick, Jon and I walked to the theater and met Evan there. The crowd was pretty decent and the film was not half bad!

Next week they are playing Spirited Away which is a 2001 Japanese animated film. I am not sure how I feel about this one, but perhaps in the name of tradition I will go!

No comments:

Post a Comment