Friday, January 22, 2016

NOLA Winter

It is cold and windy in the Big Easy today. A drastic change from the 70 degree day we had not 24 hours ago. Granted it was warm and rainy, but still, the weather flip flops a lot in these parts. The wind chill did not stop from me leaving the comfort of my warm bed though. Instead I travelled to Metairie where I had a new Mardi Gras shirt on hold for me! How exciting! And I felt the pull of Whole Foods luring me in so I stopped by for some turkey loaf... yum!! 

The shirt I bought on display at NOLA Boo: I did not purchase the tutu skirt!

Now I plan on staying in for the duration of the "freeze advisory" that is in place. I'll be doing laundry, working on a small painting project, and most likely  watching a few episodes of Justified (my latest binge show). I am thankful that I am not snowed in like my comrades in Virginia. While a snow day was always a celebrated event when I was a kid, being an adult and having to go out in that mess to run errands or go to work is the worst. 

No comments:

Post a Comment