Friday, January 15, 2016

Cochon Butcher

If you're ever in the notion for some good ol' meat on a sandwich, Cochon Butcher is the place to go. Sara and I had never been before so we sampled a good bit of items. She got the cold roast beef while I opted for smoked turkey. We split an order of duck pastrami sliders, potato salad and mac and cheese that had a bit of a kick to it!  I loved my sandwich with its avocado, sprouts, and basil aioli! I took half home to enjoy the next day. 
Due to a mix up with order numbers, we were comped a slice of chocolate, peanut, caramel pie. It was chunky and hard to eat with a fork, but overall very yummy!
They are known for their Elvis King Cake that is filled with peanut butter and bananas, covered in a marshmallow icing and topped with bacon, but that is not really my thing. I opted for one of their precious mini king cakes in the cream cheese variety to take home with me. Instead of a baby they provide a cute little pig! 

No comments:

Post a Comment