Sunday, June 9, 2013

Just Me & the Open Road

Last Thursday I set out early in the morning before the sun had even thought about making its appearance for a 14+ hour drive home. My trip consisted of a lot of NPR listening, a lot of bad singing, a lot of RedBull, a lot of leg-stretching breaks and a lot of steering wheel tapping.
 
 
 
On my way up I was able to stop in Roanoke to have dinner with some friends who will be moving to the West coast later this summer.
 
After the wedding celebrations I was in town for I had to turn around and head back south. I took an alternate route back that sent me through NC, SC, around Atlanta, by Montgomery and Mobile then back to NOLA. It was a more mountainous drive and I passed by a lot more cities than the MS, AL, TN, VA option.

No comments:

Post a Comment