Thursday, August 30, 2012

Update

I am blogging from my phone that is charging right now as I sit in my car in front of my house. I've been out driving around checking out the damage. All I see is a bunch of leaves and small branches down and the occasional tree. I didn't see any flooding anywhere in Orleans Parish though I don't know what things look like closer to the lake. I know that other parts of the state have not fared as well. On Joseph St. we have no power but luckily the gas stove and water heater are working just fine. We also have no issues with water. So I can take a hot shower by candle or flashlight! The lack of AC is the part that stinks the most. It hasn't been too hot though-- 80 degrees or so. Sleeping wasn't too miserable last night. The boredom is the worst part. When it gets dark there just isn't much to do! The past 2 days there has been a dusk to dawn curfew but that was lifted tonight. Some places are open and we were a ble to get ice for the freezer. I'm hoping power will be back on tonight or tomorrow. My cold is better but I'm still not 100%. That's my current update! Now I'm headed inside to take a shower and take a nap! 

No comments:

Post a Comment