Sunday, August 26, 2012

Wild Goose Chase

"Buy new windshield wiper blades" has been on my To Do List for weeks now. With the constant rain around here I have been putting my current set to the test. So on Saturday I decided it was time to mark the wipers off my list. The first Advance Auto Parts I stopped at did not have the size needed for my rear window and the lady who was "helping" made no effort to be the least bit friendly towards me so I put the two front blades I had picked up back on the shelf and walked out. Rude customer service employees = ticked off Katie. My next stop was an Auto Zone that also did not have the rear blade, but unlike my first stop, the gentleman assisting me was very nice and helpful. He attempted to remove the rubber part from my current wiper and replace it with another but it did not work. None the less I purchased the two necessary for the front windshield and he quickly switched out my old set. OK, from there I whipped out the ol' iPhone and Googled Advance Auto Parts in the area and tried another one. They did not carry the size I needed either but directed me to yet another branch that did. Finally at store number four of the day I was able to buy the proper size and have it installed! Of course it did not rain a drop all day and was actually quite gorgeous outside. However, if Isaac rears its head towards NOLA I am sure my new windshield wiper blades will be put to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment