Saturday, August 18, 2012

Special Delivery

The other day at work I received a special delivery. I recognized the handwriting as my mom's and scratched my head trying to think what she would be sending me in an insulated box. When I opened the lid I laughed out loud because there, nestled between a few gel packs was a big ziploc bag full of fried chicken!!! Hahahaha! 

This isn't just any ol' fried chicken either, its from Kenney's, one of my favorite places in Lexington to eat! I try to go there every time I am in town.

My box and bag of yummy chicken! 

Re-heated in the oven and picked clean!

A few shots of Kenney's that I have taken in the past

New Orleans has Popeyes, Raising Cane's, Church's Chicken, and KFC but I have yet to eat at any of them in my two years of living here. I just know in my heart...err...stomach....that their version of fried chicken will not compare to good ol' Lexington Kenney's!!

I still have a few pieces but they won't survive long. Thanks mom!! Nothing like getting a little piece of home for dinner! 

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that just sweet of your Mother!

    heeheehee

    ReplyDelete