Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ready, Aim, Fire!

Yesterday I held and fired a handgun for the first time! Brie & I were watching Green Street Hooligans (great movie by the way despite all of the English accents) when Eddie called to see if we wanted to go to the shooting range with him? Heck yeah! So he swung by, picked us up, and whisked us off to Harahan to The Shooters’ Club.

I was a little nervous at first, as I am sure most people holding a weapon are, but Eddie was good at showing me how to hold the gun, the best way to stand, etc. He owns a few handguns so we used his but they have many you can rent if you don’t bring your own.

I was able to shoot his Walthers P22 and Glock 19 9mm. The 22 was much lighter and easier to shoot, while the Glock seemed too big for my hands and kicked back more. I kept two of my targets since it was my first time and I was rather proud of my shots!

I would love to go back and do it again, but I learned a lesson during my first trip: wear a shirt that is not low-cut in the least! I wore a tank top under a button-down plaid shirt (see picture) and had two shells spit out of the gun and go down my shirt! Holy crap those shells are HOT!


Brie & I rocking our safety gear!

My targets (Left = 22 only. Right = 22 & 9mm)

1 comment: