Saturday, August 14, 2010

Heat Wave

As time has passed I thought I was adjusting to the heat in the deep south, however, August has arrived and the temperatures continue to rise. I think that if I can make it through the next few weeks the heat will be on the downward slide but until then I keep bumping the number on the air conditioner down and refilling the ice in my water bottle about twenty times a day! Sometimes on a really hot day all I want to do is take a COLD shower to get some relief, but unfortunately the water here never really gets that cool. I am not sure the reasoning behind this, but I have had to adjust to brushing my teeth with lukewarm water. Luckily we have a large Brita filtered water cooler thing for drinking water that helps cool it off a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment