Monday, February 15, 2016

More King Cake

Here are the King Cakes I tried this year...

District Donut: Matcha, Satsuma, and Ube... unique and tasty: all of the flavors were subtle! Gave Sara a slice of satsuma and ube, she isn't a matcha fan.

Whole Foods: Pecan Praline... not too heavy on the pecan flavor: I liked it. Shared this one with Sara as well. Figured mom would like it, so I mailed one home!

Rouses: Cream Cheese... soooo much cream cheese, too much in my opinion. I couldn't stomach all of it. Glad I only bought a "small" version.

Shake Sugary: Apple, Cheddar & Rosemary. Fun in concept, but I was not digging it. Too much dried rosemary for me.  One slice was all I could do. Others liked it, especially when slightly warmed up.

O'Delice: Cream Cheese... my all time favorite :) I had two of these this season!! It is the only one out of all of the cakes I bought that I actually finished. I know it is a lot of waste, but I am glad I got to try a bunch of different kinds.

I can definitely stand to do without King Cake for a few months. Very much over all of the sugar!!

See my other King Cake adventures here and here!

No comments:

Post a Comment