Thursday, February 4, 2016

30: Good Grief

February 2nd, Groundhog's Day: Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow, predicting an early spring, and I turned 30 years old. Woo hoo! I received many texts, cards, Facebook posts, and calls wishing my a happy birthday. I am not one to make a fuss out of birthdays but I'll admit that it is nice to feel the love!

I was lucky enough to get to celebrate the milestone with some friends at Tracey's! Sara, Brie, Tyler, Averill, Amy, Eller, Jason, and Kenneth (and his girlfriend, whose name I can't remember...hey...I'm getting old and forgetful) all came out to drink, eat and play trivia as their schedules permitted. Our trivia team won, putting the proverbial icing on the cake for the evening! Sara and Brie were in cahoots and surprised me with a cake from Debbie Does Doberge along with fun birthday decorations!


Post Tracey's Sara, Brie and I met up with AV at St. Joe's for a drink.

I'm not going to get into all of the thoughts that have ping-ponged around in my head about what this birthday means, I am just going to take it as it is and keep doing my thing. Age is just a number :)

No comments:

Post a Comment