Monday, May 11, 2015

Salon by Sucré

Prior to the official opening of Salon by Sucré at 622 Conti Street in the French Quarter I was able to partake in a soft opening. Sara, her friend Jonathan and I sat together and tried lots of tasty plates including the duck, scallops, beef tartare, and beet salad. Now that Salon is up and running Cori and I went to check it out during her spring visit. We had the pleasure of dining on the balcony overlooking the spirited French Quarter. Please enjoy our dinner via photographs and know that everything tasted wonderful!


I sipped on an Old Fashioned while perusing the menu. My inclination was to order the duck again because it was so great the first time but Cori and I opted to go to the course of multiple small plates that we could share. Her pescetarian diet lent to many seafood dishes and I am a-okay with that!  

 The amusebouche of the evening was a corn relish with a crisp house made cracker. A lovely two bite starter to our meal.

Black drum with sweet potato puree, asparagus and key lime vinaigrette (the plating left something to be desired, but it was absolutely delicious!) | Saffron linguine topped with lobster claw meat and roe. So rich. So good. | Scallops with potato dumplings, olives, peas and bacon sauce (this was a repeat dish for me from the soft opening. Yum!)

Crab meat tossed with cucumber, avocado and micro greens cupped in a short bread dough trough. Very refreshing and light.

Another amusebouche before dessert! Plum and cucumber salad beneath a scoop of cool granita. 

Dessert we did not share. The affogato with bread pudding, gelato, espresso and fresh whipped cream appealed to Cori's caffeine needs. I went the only route I know, chocolate. I had this at the soft opening as well but I could not resist re-ordering. Chocolate crémeux covered with an olive oil gelee, cocoa nibs and fleur de sel served with crescent shaped short bread cookies. 

Our meal was great. The weather was great. I will definitely be making Salon by Sucré part of my "places to take visitors" list as well as recommending it to locals looking for a non-touristy dinner in the French Quarter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment