Saturday, January 24, 2015

King Cake Time

It is that time of year again when King Cakes take over every bakery, grocery and restaurant in the greater New Orleans area! I make a point of trying different varieties and often bring them to work to share. Here are a few I have sampled thus far this season...

The "Queen Cake" from Gracious Bakery has a yummy almond filling and a cherry hidden inside in lieu of a baby!
O'Delice's cream cheese King Cake is my absolute favorite! More will be purchased this year. Lots more.
While on a Dong Phuong bahn mi run I had to pick up not one but two to try! Cream cheese and strawberry (the first fruit filled cake I have tried).
Others I have tried but not documented (so did it really happen??) include a homemade variety by a co-worker, Bread's on Oak's vegan cinnamon version, Randazzo's and of course Sucre's. The season is still young, I'm sure I'll get to taste a few more before Mardi Gras!

No comments:

Post a Comment