Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Stuff & Things

Hodge podge post:
The heat is setting in and soon enough the Big Easy will be unbearably humid and hot. But until then I have been taking advantage of dress weather and trying desperately to avoid becoming mosquito meals.

The other week I finally took the 8 bags of clothes that had been collecting dust in my room for months to the Goodwill. Finally. Man, I was such a procrastinator about that. Of course when I dropped off the bags of unwanted items I had to go in and look around. I came out with this pretty number that is ideal for the heat and conveniently has pockets, perfect for stashing necessities while eliminating the need for a purse! 
Lunch salad: current obsession = Whole Food's marinated artichoke hearts and beets!
This soap smells so damn good! Kind of sweet, but not like you're washing your hands in syrup. Who knew rhubarb would make for a pleasant soap scent? Apparently Mrs. Meyer's!
Summer Berry Verrine by Sucre = yum! 
Last week Sara, Zack and I went to The Sammich, a newish place on Oak Street. Zack and I did splitzies with the Duck Confit with Brie and foie gras mayo and the Fried Lobster with spicy mango cream sammiches. Holy moly they were tasty! Sara had the Fried Oyster sammich and we all split an order of Duck Fat Fries, Brussels Sprouts, and Fried Chicken Livers. Soooo much food but it was all really yummy. I will definitely be heading back that way soon!
And that concludes my random post about things happening in my corner of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment