Friday, November 25, 2011

Mom in NOLA: Part 3 The Rest

Though it may seem like it from the first part of the "Mom in NOLA" series, we did not eat the entire time she was here! We drank some too! Hehe :) Here are some other things we got into while having our Girl's Weekend:
  • Watched Love, Wedding, Marriage (my Netflix movie) while lying in bed
  • Went to the mall and dropped some dinero
  • Had our first Sazerac...I thought it was pretty good,but I think mom is going to stick with her Malibu
  • Wandered through the French Market where I tried on a bunch of feathery headbands and bought a mask for Mardi Gras
  • Got my oil changed and tires rotated (while this was not "fun", I was off on a normal work day so we decided to get it done!)
  • Made mom try turkey loaf from Whole Foods. She claims she did not like it but I think she says that about anything new I want her to try!
  • Ordered Chinese food in (mom is not accustomed to delivery so she was excited when the door bell rang!)
  • Shared a frozen Jack and Coke at the movie theater just because we could!
  • Went down Fontainbleau Street intentionally to drive over a big dip in the road and say "whoaaaa!"
  • Made a last minute movie theater trip to see Puss in Boots before her flight left
Now that mom is back in Virginia it is back to the grind stone for me. Nothing but work and stress in my foreseeable future...Christmas is now a month away!

1 comment:

  1. Did you notice all the aaaaamazing locations in "Love, Wedding, Marriage"??? Eh? Eh!

    ReplyDelete