Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Mom in NOLA: Part 1 The Food

Before mom packed her bags for her trip down south I advised her to bring stretchy pants and a hearty appetite. What can I say? This town has a lot to offer in the way of cuisine. Though not every meal (or snack) was documented via photograph, our taste buds certainly got their fill of a wide variety of foods! We dined at La Boca, Slim Goodies, Creole Creamery, The Melting Pot, the Oak Street Po'Boy Festival, Whole Foods, and Sucre.

Slim Goodies on Magazine Street has excellent breakfast food in a small diner setting.
Creole Creamery on Prytania. The Mini Samplers we created were winners! Flavors include: I Scream Fudge, Black & Gold Crunch, Hubig's Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pistachio, Peanut Butter Chocolate, Cookie Monster, and last but not least Red Velvet. Yum.

The Melting Pot on St. Charles was a fun stop! Neither of us had been to one of these before. I like apples and I like cheese, but I am still undecided about them together.

There were lots of things to cook and lots of sauces to dip things into.

Mmm....chocolate fondue!

The Oak Street Po'Boy Festival was a crowded, hot street full of yummy po'boys and treats! The confit pork cheek po'boy with tangy coleslaw was a messy delight!

Crepes a la Carte was at the festival as well so Mom indulged in a Nutella crepe.
Now I don't have to eat until Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure I consume about 345,675,867 calories when my Dad comes into town. Then I don't eat for a week. It's not healthy but it's basically the laws of nature when it comes to parents visiting 20-something year olds in their young adult lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel compelled to show any and all visitors an awesome time and inevitably that involves food!!

    ReplyDelete