Saturday, November 5, 2011

LOTS of Work...and A Little Play

60 hour work weeks are becoming the norm for me these days. In an effort to off-set all of that time spent focusing on work stuff--I try to veg out on the weekends! I tend to sleep in on Saturdays (sometimes a little too late...but hey, I am playing catch up from the previous 5 days). After I have joined the world of the living, I like to wander around town and enjoy the weather--which has been beautiful recently! Today I went to a few shops on Magazine Street, including an antique shop I like to check out from time to time. There I found a cook book that I had been looking for. It was a request from a lady in Lexington who enjoys NOLA style cuisine and thought it would be neat to have a a local church cook book. Today was the Freret Street Market so I headed to that as well. There were lots of local vendors selling shirts, jewelry, art, etc. Again, the weather was gorgeous today, so it made being out all the more enjoyable.

Sundays are of course football day for me! Tomorrow the Saints are taking on the Buccaneers for the second time this season. They lost the first go round, but hopefully being at the Superdome will give them a boost in confidence and a better chance at making their season #s 6-3.

Monday will come too quickly as it always does, but on the up side I am supposed to be having an assistant starting this week. My hope is that having a second hand (wo)man will help me shave some hours off of my work week! Only time will tell!

P.S. I added three, yes THREE more cardigans to my collection today! Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment