Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Poboys For Everyone!!

The Oak Street Poboy Festival took place on Sunday and while the weather was slightly overcast, it was an awesome day! Brie and I had intentions of taking the street car to the festival, however, when we started walking we realized that every car was full! So, we trekked the two miles by foot. This would not have been so bad if I hadn't been wearing a pair of flip flops that gives me blisters if I wear them too long :'(

*Waiting for the street car*

Despite my pitiful feet, we made it to the festival and met up with AV. There were three stages set up along Oak Street featuring some cool local music. Johnny Sketch was our first stop! (I have mentioned him/his band before; love them!)

*Mr. Sketch himself in the middle*
By the time we got there AV was already three poboys in, so Brie and I had some catching up to do! There were numerous vendors selling different kinds of poboys but Emeril's Delmonico caught my eye. I got the confit pork cheek with cole-slaw poboy...delicious!!! I also grabbed a cupcake from a booth of high schoolers. It was rainbow inside and super cute :)


*Me, AV & Brie*

Other bands we got to hear include John Cleary, Papa Grows Funk and Rebirth Brass Band. The day definitely included a lot of walking (from stage to stage, and to acquire more food!) but was a great time! AV enjoyed a total of six poboys by the end of the day; us gals only managed two apiece.
.
*Brie snapped this picture of my nasty blistered feet! And no, that is neither my cup, nor cigarette butt!*

No comments:

Post a Comment