Thursday, July 15, 2010

900+ Miles Later

I am finally here!! Not unpacked or organized in the least, but I am in New Orleans! Our ride down went smoothly minus the pouring rain in Tennessee and cracked windshield that resulted from a stray rock. We stayed in Meridian, Mississippi Monday night and made it to our destination Tuesday afternoon.

While my parents were here I attempted to show them around town the best that I could considering I am new to the area. We did CafĂ© du Monde for beignets and Parkway for po’boys, strolled along the Mississippi to see the Natchez, drove down Bourbon Street, wandered through a cemetery and circled the Superdome. The next time I have a visitor I hope to have a better sense of direction and be a cooler tour guide!


Now begins the acclimating to my new surroundings. Where is the closest Target? What is the fastest way to get across town? Do I even need to be across town? How is this sharing-a-bathroom-with-a-guy thing going to work? Where do I get groceries? Which neighborhoods are safe to look like an out-of-towner in? Which are not? I suppose all of the answers to these questions will work themselves out in time and probably with the help of my new BFF, Samantha, my GPS!! (Well, she may not be able to help with the whole bathroom thing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment