Sunday, June 22, 2014

Saturday Summer Solstice

Yesterday marked the summer solstice, so what did I do with those extra moments of daylight? Nothing spectacular really. I slept in to an acceptably late hour before showering and facing the day. Just as I was contemplating what I was going to have for lunch (breakfast hour had long passed by now) I received an invite to go to District for sliders. One should never pass up an opportunity to enjoy their sliders, so I quickly put myself together and headed out. Zack and I timed things just right so that he was able to get the last of the softshell crab sliders along with the fresh onto the menu alligator creation! We sat and chatted for a while after devouring our lunch. The porkbelly is where it is at! Yum!

Post slider feast I joined Zack on a hat shopping adventure. I was probably not the best person to tag along seeing as I am not fond of hats and did not have many complimentary things to say about them as he proceeded to try on over a dozen different varieties. Alas he settled on two new additions to his collection before we parted ways. I continued to wander the Magazine Street area and found myself in a small antique shop purchasing a necklace and small purse. The heat was getting to be too much so I headed to the air conditioning of the house before promptly finding myself bored again and needing to get out.

I settled on walking to the Prytania Theater to see the newly released Jersey Boys. I was most certainly in the minority as far as average age of viewers went. 90% of the seats were filled with 60+ year olds. Whatever. I enjoy 1960's jukebox music too. The movie was fine. It felt a little long at times but when they sang it was beautiful! I bet a live version (Broadway) would be great!


While I was at the movies a little thunderstorm made its way over Uptown making my jaunt back to the house a wet, slip-and-slide trek!

I rounded out my evening by eating leftovers from the catering event I worked the other night while watching Sunlight Jr. on demand. I am working my way through all of Norman Reedus's films but this one is not going to be at the top of my list to rewatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment