Thursday, December 5, 2013

Dallas Buyers Club

On Saturday Zack and I went to see Dallas Buyers Club. This shoe-in Oscar nominee was filmed here in New Orleans and received a lot of press due to Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto's gauntly appearances. Their commitment to their rolls surely cannot be questioned. It was funny to recognize the inside of F&M's in one scene!
 

 
While I liked the film and don't really have any negative criticism to give, Zack and I both left the theater with nothing much to say about it. It was a solid movie, fine performances all the way around (I feel like Jared Leto may get a Best Supporting Actor nod) and had the added touch of being based on a true story, but I can't help but compare it to 2008's Milk, even though they are movies about entirely different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment