Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Smith Girls in NOLA

On Sunday my third cousin, Martha, came to town (she is here for a work thing). She has never visited the Big Easy, so I did my best to be a good tour guide. Since she is staying in the FQ I decided to drive out to the lake, through City Park, around Uptown, and down Magazine St. that way she got to see areas that are not as touristy. We did po-boys are Parkway (duh) and stopped at Sucre for some sweets after walking through one of the many cemeteries that dot the city. I think I did a good job given the short amount of time we had! It's always fun when someone comes to town :) 

On a different note: the Saints FINALLY won their first game of the season Sunday night!! I think that it was a combination of Sean Payton's presence in the Dome (Drew Brees asked special permission for Payton to be there because he was set to beat Johnny Unitas' record for the most touchdown passes in consecutive games--(reminder: Payton has been suspended for the entire season due to "Bounty Gate" and is not allowed to associate with anyone in the NFL)--which he did do! Yay!) and my blinged out finger nails!!


No comments:

Post a Comment