Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Abita Brewery Tour

While in Abita Springs visiting the Abita Mystery House, we also stopped by the Abita Brewery to take a tour and do a little tasting.
 
A lovely creation of Louisiana made from Abita Beer bottle caps.
 
 
Containers of different types of malt. ~*~ The multiple taps we could self-serve from. (I am not a bartender that's for sure...there was a lot of foam in my cup)
 
 
Inside the facility where the beer is created was hot and muggy. The tour itself was short and sweet. Folks in Louisiana just want to drink the rest is kind of blah blah blah!
 
 
 Outside we wanted to document our trip. Goofy and fun :)
 
 
While it was not what I thought it was going to be, it was nice to get to try a few beers that I would not normally taste. I am not a big beer drinker period, but the Abita Golden was do-able.
 
I also learned that Abita is sold in the 48 contiguous states, that they are a very "green" company, and that they make 20 different brews (if you include their Root Beer!) Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment