Monday, October 12, 2015

Sons of Anarchy

For about three weeks straight I binge watched Sons of Anarchy and obsessed about all of the drama of the fictitious characters. I knew before I started watching that I was going to like the series: bikers, violence, love, drama, what more could you ask for?! Of course everyone adores Jax Teller; he is a badass blond biker who loves deeply and struggles with his life as an outlaw. Charlie Hunnam may never be able to shed the character of Jax, but why would he want to? Kurt Sutter let others shine on Sons too; he gave Peg Bundy a new legacy as Gemma Teller Morrow: queen old lady and club matriarch. Sutter featured guests stars such as Marilyn Manson, Lea Michelle, Tom Arnold, Ashely Tisdale, Courtney Love and Walton Goggins to name a few and Kurt even gave himself a recurring role as Otto. Speaking of Walton, he did a spectacular job of playing a transgender woman named Venus Van Dam who had a very sensitive side. I really enjoyed the episodes where she was a part of the story.

Chibs | Clay | Happy

Jax | Juice | Opie
 

Tig | Piney | Bobby 

Without giving any spoilers away, I was constantly shocked at the lies and secrets told, the violence doled out, the lengths the characters would go to to protect their own, and the betrayals that piled up. It was a complicated show with many pieces working simultaneously and, as the viewer, you were often left in the dark about the plans the characters had up their sleeves until they unraveled. I admittedly cried during the majority of the finale. I couldn't help but think that things could have been different for everyone on the show if this decision hadn't been made or that lie hadn't been told. If they had only talked to this person or got that side of the story the outcome would be very different. But hey, it is a television show, the drama is necessary or the sick, twisted minds of the American viewers wouldn't remain interested!!

Now for a few videos of my favorite scenes because I want to relive life in Charming :)

Season 4 opener. I love this song!

Walton as Venus
Season 5 Bloopers

No comments:

Post a Comment