Monday, March 9, 2015

Avocados: Not Bad

For reasons I cannot justify I have always steered clear of avocados and various dishes containing them. While the majority of the world seems obsessed with smooth green fruit, I have opted to avoid them based on some mythical principal of disgust. A few weeks back while partaking in a game night at Brie's house I spied thin cuts of sweet potatoes topped with a pile of green mush and a slice of tomato. In a moment of spontaneity I popped one in my mouth and holy moly... they were delicious! I know I like sweet potatoes and tomatoes, but I was pleasantly surprised at how buttery the avocado tasted. I later asked Brie for the recipe and made my own version of the paleo-friendly appetizer (not that I care if it is "paleo" or not, but Brie follows those guidelines).

baked sweet potato "chips" tossed with paprika and cumin | avocado cross sections

simple mashed up avocado with lime juice and salt to be paired with the other slices for a delicious and nutritious dinner!

I think I am going to give guacamole a try next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment