Sunday, February 16, 2014

Catering

Along with Sucre and other restaurants, my boss owns a catering company that he started over twenty years ago. Occasionally they need extra hands for large events so a lot of the Sucre girls have helped out. Friday night was my first time working for them. It was a large seated dinner then 1000 people after party. I was put on the hors d'oeuvres station where I helped set up hundreds of mini tasty treats. 




We did savory and sweet dessert options. A nice perk was getting to take home a sampling of things once they had been picked over by the guests!

This was a party for the NBA All Stars game that is being played here Sunday. Rumor has it Kareem Abdul Jabbar was in attendance. I'm sure there were other basketball big names, but I am not a fan of the hoops game so I wouldn't have known who they were. 

It was interesting to see the behind the scenes of a catered event. There are a lot of people and a lot of planning that goes into making sure everything runs smoothly so that the client is satisfied. 

No comments:

Post a Comment