Sunday, January 26, 2014

Movies!

I have been frequenting the theater since I have had a little more free time on my hands and I find great pleasure in zoning out and living in another world for a few hours! Here are my most recent viewings and my thoughts on them:
August: Osage County
This movie was nothing like I expected but wonderful none-the-less. (I am unsure if that is because the trailer lead me to believe it would be a lighter plot or if I just had the wrong idea in my head.) It has its comical moments but the overall feeling is sad and painful. The cast was awesome. I am a big Chris Cooper fan. I love Margo Martindale. Meryl Streep is genius. The only performance I was not fond of, and I typically do not enjoy her work: Abigail Breslin. Meh. I left feeling more thankful for my "normal" family.
Lone Survivor
T'was a tear jerker as I presumed it would be. I really like Ben Foster and I believe he was cast well. The banter between the actors was believable and heartfelt. With the title alone as well as the fact this is based on a true story, I knew that only one soldier would make it out alive; what I did not know was how and that little twist--no spoilers--makes the ending hopeful.

American Hustle
Holy moly that hair! All of it. Every actor in this movie must have spent hours in the hair chair before each scene! It was insane! Christian Bale is easily one of the best actors of the past decade, in my opinion, however, I really loved Jennifer Lawrence's character! She was hilarious! I understand why this flick has been nominated for so many awards.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Soooo much better than the first movie in this series! Perhaps because they had a larger budget or the fact that they didn't have to do so much back-story kind of stuff to cover for people who haven't read the books, regardless, everything was just better. The visual effects, the acting, everything. This is a movie that is nearly two and half hours long but it did not feel like it at all. I am anxiously awaiting the next installment...next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment