Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Treats

October has been éclair month at Sucre as mentioned before but until the other night I had only tried one flavor. A Salted Caramel treat got messed up at the kitchen a few weeks back so I was able to sample that one, however, I wanted to make sure I tried a few others before they went away! I swung by the store and picked up a half dozen to be shared with the roomies.
 
Clockwise from the top: S'mores, Raspberry Pistachio, Super Chocolate, General Honore, Apple Pie a la Mode, and the Tabitha.
S'mores = chocolate and graham cream center, topped with roasted marshmallows, and shards of graham cracker croustillant
Raspberry Pistachio = raspberry marmalade covered with pistachio mousse and sliced fresh raspberries
Super Chocolate = chocolate eclair shell filled with chocolate cream covered in a dark chocolate glaze
General Honore = puff pastry with a Crème Diplomat topped with three caramel crusted profiteroles in traditional Mardi Gras colors
Apple Pie a la Mode = spiced cream with roasted Granny Smith apples topped with Chantilly cream
Tabitha = Paris tea infused cream with blackberry marmalade
 
They were all quite tasty but I would say the Apple Pie won my award for the Best Éclair! There are still a few days left before the fall menu rolls out, perhaps I will squeeze a few more flavors in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment