Friday, January 25, 2013

Burger... King?

OMG who doesn't love a good cheeseburger? Anyone? Yeah, I guess vegetarians aren't screaming "yay!" right now, but I sure as hell am! As a kid I was a chicken/hot dog fan and never even tried a burger until I was in college. Now I am a cheeseburger snob of sorts. I have never eaten a fast food chain burger and don't plan on trying them. If I am going to indulge, my ideal burger is a medium cooked patty topped with cheddar cheese, tomato, lettuce, onion and mayo. Oh yeah. A toasted bun doesn't hurt either.  
 
Sure po-boys, jambalaya, and gumbo are usually the first things that pop into people's heads when they think about N'awlins cuisine but man there are so many yummy places to get a good burger in this town! Luckily these delicious concoctions of beef, cheese and bread are a favorite of a co-worker of mine so I always have a lunch buddy when I get a craving! Out of the places I have dined at, Cowbell is by far my favorite. They are a little pricey, but oh so tasty. If I am looking for an option that is a little easier on the wallet, Smashburger and The Company Burger (garlic and basil mayo anyone?) are at the top of the list. I tried Truburger for the first time this week and it did not disappoint either. The only place that I have not enjoyed is Juicy Lucy's...I tried it on two separate occasions and have concluded that stuffed burgers just aren't my thing. So for now when a good ol' cheeseburger is my meal of choice, I know I have plenty of options to satisfy my palate in NOLA :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment