Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Norman Reedus Love

So next to the show Dexter, my favorite "serial drama" is definitely The Walking Dead. And next to Dexter the character (Michael C. Hall), my favorite socially awkward-yet lovable bad ass is definitely Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus). Pretty much if you like TWD you love Daryl--he's a fan favorite for sure. I follow him on Twitter which is how I have come to  hear about two recent live interviews he was doing.
 
Left: Extra Skype-style interview with fans. Right: MTV's "Big & Best Of 2012" live interview.
 
 
Nothing like sitting at work on my lunch break with my headphones in laughing about Norman telling the world about the oddest things fans have given him (squirrel meat in a plastic bag, a breast implant, tons of stuffed animals, etc.). He really seems like a very pleasant person and though he has been an actor for years (The Boondock Saints, American Gangster) I feel like playing a post-apocalyptic zombie killing machine with a soft side has been his best role and luckily the writers have been giving his character more depth and screen time. Though The Walking Dead just had its mid-season finale that left Daryl in a less-than-ideal situation, I have faith that his time is not over and that he will continue to develop on the show. If the writers kill him off...there may be a riot that ensues!

No comments:

Post a Comment