Thursday, September 17, 2015

Halloween Came Early

Brie & I went to see a screening of the original Halloween tonight at Second Line Stages. We have both seen the 1978 horror film, but it was great to see all the action on a large screen! 

It is so strange to me to see what was considered cutting edge and truly terrifying some 35+ years ago because in no way do I consider this that scary of a movie. True, my tolerance for gore may be higher than the average viewer; I have always been drawn to the more gruesome stories. To me this movie is comical in how the characters react to the situations Michael Myers puts them in. It could just be the actors campy portrayals that amuse me; thank goodness Jamie Lee Curtis did "fear" way better in Halloween: H20!!

Poor acting aside, watching a scary movie about Halloween, the holiday, has me jonesing for fall even more! It was such a bummer to come outside from the movie to mid-80's weather. Why can't it be crisp and cool outside yet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment