Sunday, April 26, 2015

Six Feet Under

My binge watching skills are becoming pretty stellar if I do say so myself! Six Feet Under is available on Amazon Prime and the newly released HBO Now. Within a few weeks time I made it through all five seasons, all 61 episodes, all dozens and dozens of deaths (I don't know the exact number and a quick search of the world wide web has left me without a definitive answer). Watching the Fisher family and friends cope with death after death, funeral after funeral, drama after drama, left me feeling thankful for the places I find myself in life. The main characters' "normal" was surrounded by mortality and yet they continued to get hung up on small hiccups life threw their way, just like the rest of us. I found the show oddly comforting in normalcy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment