Sunday, February 22, 2015

Mardi Gras #5

My fifth Mardi Gras has come and gone and Lord, it was a whirlwind! The only night of parades that I sat out was the first Wednesday (that was only because I was picking Cori up from the airport); otherwise I made a valiant effort to join the fun! As with most years, our house becomes a hostel of sorts, welcoming friends and family from far and wide to crash on any vacant couch, bed or air mattress. This carnival season brought us Cori from the mountainous, frozen-over tundra more commonly known as Virginia, and Luke, a world traveler from down under, along with a few other party-seekers.

Behold my Mardi Gras photo dump:

Sara, Cori and me waiting for Endymion to roll. So much blond surrounding me!
 Sara & I goofing off in my room | Cori modeling her Muses loot
Friday night glow sticks! Tyler's light up glasses were float throw magnets! | Sara & Cori looking beautiful after Thoth!
AV (rocking a wig), Luke and me at Thoth. 
Luke was so ready to do Mardi Gras! | Brie, Tyler, Cori and I waiting for Krewe of Julu to begin on Fat Tuesday--the chilly weather couldn't freeze our will to party!!
Words of wisdom on Frenchmen Street with a fun reflection of the crowd
An interactive art piece in the French Quarter that encouraged donors to paint their name on the door. 
My annual photograph of the ground featuring remnants of the celebration
 Andrew (who I did not see nearly enough of!), Cori and I | Endymion!
Capturing another "stop sign wisdom" opportunity, this time with the addition of a sassy Aussie with some fierce style :)
Red lips galore!! Living it up in the Quarter!
Oh Mardi Gras. Sigh. I have such a love/hate relationship with you. You utterly exhaust me and yet simultaneously re-energize my spirit. I am thankful to have participated in your madness for so many years, until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment