Thursday, July 24, 2014

Denham Springs

I have never been satisfied with the antique store options in New Orleans. Everything is super pricey and more focused on old, big furniture pieces. I am more of a 1920s-1980s era knickknack kind of girl myself. In an effort to find a shop more geared towards my preferences I clickety clacked on my computer until I stumbled across a blog post about the antiquing scene in Denham Springs, LA. This cute little town is located due east of Baton Rouge and featured an entire street lined with vintage shops!

I hit the road a few Sundays back, but under estimated the amount of time I could spend gazing at old things. In the few hours I was there I only made it down one side of the street! Now I need to plan a return trip, perhaps on a Saturday when the store hours are longer. 

I bought this clock but had to resist purchasing the nesting Pyrex bowls (because I already have a set!)
I hit the Pyrex jackpot in one booth. Lots of matching sets! 

One thing I loooooove looking at is vintage Pyrex. I am not sure what draws me to the heavy, glass cookware but I want it alllllll!

No comments:

Post a Comment