Thursday, April 14, 2016

Willie Mae's

You may have heard about Willie Mae's Scotch House on The Food Network, on a "What to Eat in New Orleans" list, or maybe even a local has recommended the famous fried chicken joint to you. I knew about the Treme restaurant for the majority of my time in New Orleans but for whatever reason I never made it through the doors. 

Front & back of the menu
Standing outside waiting in line. We went at a semi-off time so the line was only a few people deep. 
An order of fried chicken with macaroni and cheese comes with a mound of peas as well!

I liked the chicken and mac & cheese (not a big pea fan), but I still stand by Kenney's fried chicken. Willie Mae's had a little kick to it, but a lot of food in the south does-they love their hot sauce in those parts! I certainly did not dislike the chicken and I am glad we went, but it is nothing that I will be craving in the future. 

Another NOLA Bucket List item checked off with the parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment