Sunday, April 6, 2014

Lemons

I've been doing a lot of work with lemons recently in my culinary adventures. The roommates did a big kitchen clean the other week and since then I have felt inspired to do a little cooking/baking in the afternoons.

Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookies | Lemon Pudding Fruit Tarts

The cookies were a pinterest find and turned out to be really easy to make, despite my not having the proper equipment (as it turns out a floured bottle of wine can double as a rolling pin and a jigger can serve as a cookie cutter). If I were to make these again I would punch up the lemon flavor a bit and add a tiny bit more salt. Find the recipe here

The fruit tarts were a "necessity is the mother of invention" sort of scenario. I made my maiden trip to Costco the other day and got a little happy in the produce section. (I am not sure what I thought I was going to do with a dozen kiwis, a quart of blackberries, and a couple pounds of mango?) So I made a little graham cracker crust, covered that with some lemon pudding (the "cook and serve" kind: fancy!) then went to town slicing fruit for a decorative topping! 

Coworker pals have been getting lots of treats recently!

No comments:

Post a Comment