Friday, June 13, 2014

One Headlight

After following Sara to her house the other night she kindly informed me that my passenger side headlight was no longer performing its job of producing light. I had Zack confirm that everything else was in working order and noted that I needed to get the burnt out bulb replaced ASAP. A little Google research and a trip to Advance Auto over town the next morning resulted in the procurement of one standard headlight bulb... not one of those fancy schmancy blue halogen bulbs that blind other drivers, just a normal yellow one for me. Instead of standing in the parking lot of the auto store I decided to attempt replacing the bulb myself in the semi-privacy of my own street outside my house. So I drove home, pulled into the shade, popped the hood and got to work removing the bad bulb. I was in the middle of figuring out how to get the piece to release from the wires when a lady, probably around my age, walked by and genuinely asked "do you need a car?" I looked up at her and was instantly confused by the question but simply replied "no" and continued on with my business. I suppose the sight of a young(ish) woman in a dress standing in front of a vehicle on the side of the street with the hood popped open would signal distress to some people. To my knowledge I did not appear panicked or as if I didn't have the situation under control. A burnt out headlight does not warrant the need to abandon an otherwise perfectly functioning automobile in my opinion. The girl kept walking after I turned down her offer of a vehicle. My car is now back in a safe, legal operating mode. Southern hospitality? Perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment